Monday, July 11, 2011

Is this 2-year-old gifted?

My friend and I are debating whether our other friend's child is gifted/unusually smart, or average. Neither my friend nor I has kids (yet; I'm pregnant). I won't say which one of us--my friend or I--thinks the child is gifted, and which one of us thinks the child is probably just average. I want to know what you think. :) The child is a 2-year-old girl-- just turned 2, not two and a half or anything. She has one cousin, and she is getting another cousin soon when her aunt has a baby. She talks about her new cousin sometimes, and today she said, "When baby Amelia is born, I'll have TWO cousins!" She knows her colors fairly well, and she knows some Spanish words from Dora. She has a good attention span and she talks in sentences. Does she sound normal or advanced? Thanks for helping us end our debate!

No comments:

Post a Comment